CHRIS - HEALTH SHARED SERVICES ONTARIO’S PROVINCIAL DIGITAL HEALTH PLATFORM
CHRIS (Client Health and Related Information System) supports the delivery of care at home and in the community for 670,000 patients in Ontario. Patients get the right care at the right time and place because of features in CHRIS.
- The home and community care patient health record and secure Document Management System
- Clinical assessment and decision-support
- Care planning and coordination
- Direct-to-provider ordering and oversight of home care services
- Direct-to-vendor ordering and delivery of medical supplies and equipment
- Patient referrals and placements across the continuum of care
- Caseload and workforce management
CHRIS has a secure online portal called Health Partner Gateway* (HPG*). Approved providers can access patient records, including clinical assessments and documents, and share up-to-the-minute patient information on HPG. Providers can also send, receive, and accept patient referrals and service orders in real-time. HPG breaks down silos by connecting an ever-expanding list of providers.
- Community service agencies
- Equipment and supply vendors
- Home care service providers
- Local Health Integration Networks
- Long-term Care Homes
- Primary care
CHRIS integrates with digital health solutions across the province, and helps advance a seamless patient journey.
CHRIS is one of the richest sources of home and community care data in Canada—helping Ontario:
- Plan, integrate and fund health care
- Measure performance and outcomes
- Realize efficiencies that can free up resources for
- Deliver continuous quality improvement